Sunday, April 24, 2016

Spring 2016 Coming to a Close

Blog 11

 

 Well guys...senior capstone has come and gone!! My capstone has been an amazing learning experience that helped push me out of my comfort zone. My capstone project began by venturing to my church in Shepherdstown, WV, St. Agnes Catholic Church. Kate DiServio, St. Agnes event coordinator, introduced me to a potential upcoming concert event featuring well-known Christian Music Artist, Matt Maher. St James was in need of effective public relations campaigning at The Roman Catholic Parish of St. James the Greater. In time, we collectively decided on the name Mountain Spring Concert. The idea behind this name is having a fresh welcome of spring in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia with a music celebration. Understanding that my client was in need of promotional skills, I chose to use the best of my public relations abilities to promote this concert. In promoting, I created an informational survey to gain knowledge of current St James' members involvement with Christian music and awareness of Matt Maher. I developed an editorial calendar of all social media posts that would occur during the time of the campaign. These social media platforms included Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. To extend my reach of audience I formed a cover letter and press release for local news papers, which would inform the surrounding community of the church. Lastly, I created fliers to be added into church bulletins to provide details and information of ticket purchasing for members of the church. Overall, I had a very rewarding senior capstone experience, and I truly cannot believe it is completed. Capstone is a project that has been in the back of my mind since I entered the communications department at Shepherd University, and is one that I was slightly worried and nervous about taking on. After completing capstone, I understand that the project itself is a learning experience and is one that has given me a preview into my future profession.

Editorial Calendar Ex.

14-Feb Facebook Happy Valentine's Day, "Mountain Springers"! Love is in the air! If you're still in need of a Valentine's gift, fear not! The Mountain Spring Concert tickets are still available for purchase at eventbrite.com/stjames_mattmaher at $10 a ticket! We cannot wait to share our love of God and music with all of you at the Mountain Spring Concert on May 19!

14-Feb Twitter, Instagram Give the gift of music this Valentine's Days! eventbrite.com/stjames_mattmaher #MSC 




18-Feb Facebook SHARE THIS POST TO WIN: Matt Mahers new albulm, SAINTS AND SINNERS!!! Five lucky people will win Matt Maher's new albulm by either sharing on Facebook or retweeting this post on our Twitter page! **Winners will be announced March 18, must be present at Concert to recieve CD (new names will be drawn if no show) Mountain Spring Concert, Thursday May 19, 7-9pm









18-Feb Twitter RETWEET THIS TO WIN Maher's new albulm, SAINTS AND SINNERS!! #MSC #rt #winner3/18









Flier

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Survey Ex. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Cover Letter & Press Release


No comments:

Post a Comment